The REAL monsoon

now as a mumbaikar, monsoon to me is mucky potholes, dirty school vans, dripping umbrellas, or suffocating raincoats. it is also bookshelf maintenance, sofa cleaning, moss inspection, and removing clothes from drying 24x7. For an 11 year old tween, despite the 'happiness of helping my mom' philosophy, it is humanly impossible to not hate such stuff. but there again, for a shakespeare-freak bookworm, the happiness of sitting alone beside a rainy window reading with a mug of hot cocoa is THE BEST. 

let me get this clear- I HATE going out in the rain, but I LOVE sitting in a house when it is pouring out. And that is how it is in lockdown.

But when I came, alas, to wive, With hey, ho, the wind and the rain, By swaggering could I never thrive, For the rain it raineth every day.

-William shakespeare

IT has been CONSTANTLY  pouring since the past 3 days!! and when it does not pour, it drizzles. but water is constantly falling from the heavens. You get the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts