The test results

26 April, 2021

5:15 pm 

Things are going pretty well. Life is finally starting to sync in. Right now, I am listening to Summer of '69 in the last bedroom on my headphones that I renamed!

But Dad is quarantined in my bedroom. I am in the last bedroom. Last night he told me to stay away because his back was hurting as he had a backache. It is 5:20 pm now and he hs had fever, sore throat, and a horrible body pain. People are gonna come to do a rapid test in a while. 

-

Same day, sometime later

Things are not ok now. Dad has tested positive for covid. I will get a rapid test done tomorrow. Mom is calling BMC to get our house sanitised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was my diary entry 5 days ago. I cannot share diary entry for later cuz I am Damn irregular in writing. This is only my second entry since 2021!! 

But here's what happened next. The next morning, I got my rapid test done. I came negative. But so that I am not infected, I was quarantined in the 'last bedroom'. The only upside? I got to sleep on the whole queen sized bed. The downside? I am scared of the dark and ghosts. A good thing? I sleep like a baby, so waking up at witching hour opportunities were pretty thin on the ground.

So there I was, counting days, waking up, watering plants, folding my blankets, playing roblox, attending tutions, playing roblox, binging, sleeping. All the quarantine actually ended up with me clearing the bedroom!! If the government saw my study room, they would perhaps give me funds for a natural disaster.

My mom and I started loosing it too. I actually kicked a wall! And here I am, with a sprained ankle 😕

Yesterday, we got my RTPCR test done again. Results showed negative! So I ate, took a bath, packed my bag, and went to live upstairs with my grandpatents.

NOTE: BMC has not yet sealed out house. If they have sealed your house, please STAY INSIDE. If your house is not yet sealed but has a confirmed covid patient, self-quarantine is highly advised, at least for 4-5 days. Avoid moving around. Even in this house, my grandparents and  I are not stepping out, and practicing social distancing. 

What can you do if your house has a covid patient? TALKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, Stay inside. avoid going near the room where the infected patient is. Take regular steam, and as your doctor to advise multivitamins. Also, get your own test done and restrict movement in the house as much as possible.

Click here to see image source. Credits- MUMBAI LIVE


Comments

Popular Posts